Tuesday, April 28, 2015

There are days where it all falls apart. There are weeks when there seems to be no end. There are months that feel like an eternity. 

Often times the world throws so many things at us. It forces on us the pains that can't be dulled by a pill or an ice pack. It brings to us the pains that can be healed by the magic of medicine. Life reaches into its bag of tricks and pulls out it all. All controversy. All opposition. All weakness. 

Today is one of those days. And I'm starting to wonder if maybe satan is real after all.

Do you know what I'm saying? Does it make any sense? That moment when the storm clears but the rain keeps on pouring. When the weight of your own feet makes it too hard to walk. Tied down by the cargo of everything from health to heart. The moments where your soul and your body cry out, screaming, "let me go"

Today is one of those days. And I'm starting to wonder if there is light at the end of the tunnel.

They wonder at you. They ask if you're doing okay, 'no I can't function' you think as you reply with smile "yes I'm fine." The smiles they help, the questions they hurt. And the pain in your side seems to scream in perfect rhythm. 

Today is one of those days. And I'm starting to wonder if I forgot how to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment