Saturday, September 22, 2012

This is the part you warned me of. 

The end seems to flirt with me. Here it comes closer. Here, it runs away. You couldn't find me even if you tried. The cold wraps around my skin, sucking away at the hope of my dreams.

I can't seem to just let things be. I can't seem to wrap my head around the normality of life. Tonight seems like the end of all things. But what brings tomorrow? Will air still fill my lungs? Will the sun still rise? I know it will. 

They tell me that when you're young, everything seems like the end of the world.

I wonder if you'll even read this. I doubt it. I wonder if my jealousy will be my undoing. The space between my bones seems only to be filled with one thing. And that's you. The care and joy that you show me seem to find the wholes and gaps and fill them. Please know I only care. I do care.

No comments:

Post a Comment